Moving House Checklist
Throughout our 60 years in operation we have encountered a wide variety of moving projects and amassed a vast range of experiences. As such we consider ourselves to be subject matter experts, and we’d like to share some of the most common elements that should appear on your moving checklist to ensure your moving day is a success – as well as a stress-free experience!
- Take this opportunity to identify which items you wish to keep and those you do not can be sold, donated or otherwise disposed of.
- Arrange for all bills to be closed on the date of moving and the remaining balance paid.
- Arrange for the redirection of mail and advise banks, building societies etc of your change of address.
- Clearly label boxes for their intended room after removal, e.g. kitchen, living room etc.
- Defrost and clean fridge freezer units prior to travel, whether you intend to keep them or not.
- Ensure gas and electricity are available within your new property.
- Assemble all important documents, such as house deeds and ID.